Friday, April 4, 2014

Relfection: Awesome Class

This semester I've learned so much about social media. I also can't believe that after this semester, I am done with college. I will definitely be using what I've learned from this class to the future. 

My favorites topics we covered were managing your online reputation. It really makes you think how one presents themselves, that its important to make sure you think before you post. Whether its on twitter or on Facebook. The example we gave in class was interesting as well, about the Justine, who tweeted about Africa. This shows just how fast one tweet can get around. Before we talked about the tweet itself I actually saw it before we talked about in class. I just couldn't believe some one could be so thoughtless.

During this semester we also had a lot of guest speakers. These speakers were great, I've learned so much from them. I especially like Lizelle and Melissa presentations. I liked Lizelle's because she talked about how she is utilizing social media fro the Dallas Mavericks, she also talked about how she got the job as well. I liked how the Mavericks were using Vine in a lot of their content online, being they are the first pro team to adapt. Melissa's presentation on crisis communication was really interesting, she showed us the top 10 rules to crisis communication and how using these 10 rul



es can help a company in a crisis, come out the other side without to much damage or reputation loss. 

Over all the blogging we had to do was fun and got me thinking about different topics I could write about. My blogs that are personal don't really have a theme, they are more just what I am interested in and what I have done up until now, especially with traveling. I hope to continue blogging, my goal is at least once a week. Hopefully I can post something more frequent but I think I'll start small and expand when time goes on. 

The two major papers we wrote gave me some insight. With the managing online reputation paper, I really got to see how much I actually am invloved. I realized with this paper I should probably post more and show that I am in fact on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Also that I even blog with Blogger. The other paper, was the Google Glass and proposing an app, that definitely got me thinking. I liked being able to explorer a new wearable technology, needless to say Google Glass is very interesting. 

During this semester we got certified in HootSuite. This is pretty awesome because we have the chance to be certified and have the option to continue to use HootSuite in the future if we chose to. 

The last area I enjoyed was our social media campaign proposals. This helped by giving me actual hands on expereince and actually coming up with ideas for a real client. Its interesting to see idea that could help some with a childrens book. 

Overall this class was awesome and I learned a lot.    

No comments:

Post a Comment