Friday, March 28, 2014

Ole Bull State Park


My family in the past has always gone camping. Whether at a small camp ground called oil creek or my favorite location to go camping Ole Bull.

Since I was about 8 years old, my family on my mom side are the ones who would plan our camping trips. We would go for about a week during the summer. My favorite part was being in the cabin that the park has available. Its pretty huge it has about three rooms and most rooms have bunk beds. The cabin can fit about 10 to 16 people pretty good.

One camping trip me and my cousin camped out in a tent instead of the cabin. I love camping here because its so quite and there are so many trees around. Also I love how its a big family gathering. We haven't gone back to Ole Bull since 2007. The cabin has to be reserved up to a year. I hope possibly we can go back in 2016 if possible. There some pretty good hiking and there's a creek that's pretty darn cold, but me and my cousins would still swim in it. Some people might now really enjoy going, because at the park, there's no cell phone reception at all. To get some you have to go to the nearest city which is a good half hour a way, so no twitter or Facebook is possible. But I've always gone there so young and when I was 16 the last time we visited, I never really was dependent of my cell phone and wasn't really using social media, it was probably MySpace, back than. Of course that could all have changed, there could very well be cell phone towers near the park depending on the phone carrier. It has been 7 years since I last been there.

It would be pretty awesome if I could get my family to go back. We could try next year, we would have to call in June or July, to see if the cabin is even still available. But it would definitely be pretty cool to be able to see all my family, its been years since we all been together in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment