Friday, March 21, 2014

Dedicated to My Cat: Blue

Spring break was a great break from school. I did absolutely nothing related to school. I did go on vacation. I went to Florida. Spent time on the beach and did some shopping. Luckily my grandparents live down there so we had free boarding. Even though Florida was awesome coming home wasn't so great.

My past blog I did one on my pets. My dog, Elvis we brought him with us to Florida. But my three cats we had a cat-sitter come over and check on them, basically to make sure they had clean litter boxes, water and food. The oldest cat blue, when we got home from our week vacation, wasn't looking too good. Now blue is usually pretty alert and jumps around on the furniture. This time he just to me looked really weird. I said something to my parents about him and said he looks really bloated. Well we had to unload our van because of the snow storm and the car top carrier which was frozen shut. After we got every thing we needed to do done. We decided that taking Blue over to the vet would be a good idea. Unfortunately I didn't think he was going to make it. I think my parents though he just had something blocking his bladder. But it was more serious than that the vet mention it could be kidney failure or even cancer. I wasn't with them at the vet but they decide to put him down. Spring break was awesome but coming back was pretty depressing and having to put down one of the family pets is so sad. Of course Blue is in a better place because the poor thing looked like he was in pain and he was so old, putting him though any tests would have been unfair to him specially it being kidney failure or cancer.

I do miss him. He was a great cat. Blue had so many different quirks. We he was younger he didn't like moist food. I don't know why he was against eating it. Than one day he decide that I want some moist food and starting eating it. Another quirk was as a young cat he didn't like strangers he would always hide but I guess as he got older he didn't care. He would start coming out more and more.

We determine that Blue must be about 20 years old. That is pretty old for a cat. I remember getting from my aunt because she couldn't take care of him and his sister Angel, who is also still alive. He lived with us when we were in Ohio and when we moved here. So Blue has been a part of our family for about 16 or so years.

It was a depressing thing to come home to and I wish he didn't pass away so soon from coming home to spring break. It is definitely weird being at home and not hearing him trying to jump to the other side of the counter.


The grey and white cat is his buddy Sammy (Captain Chaos)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment