Friday, February 7, 2014

Dullest Superbowl Ever!

So where was Omaha? All I can say about the Superbowl that it was one big disappointment when it came to the Broncos playing. This years Superbowl was more like the Loserbowl. I had more fun looking at twitter and watching commercials; so instead of droning on about the humdrum football game, I'm going to blog about my favorite moments on twitter and my favorite commercials.

The first brand I want to talk about and my favorite from the Superbowl was Doritos. I thought they were really on point. The largest human Doritos Photobomb was pretty creative. Also the the banter back and forth between different brands was entertaining. The most specific one I remember is Verizon tweeting on Doritos Photobomb and than Doritos having a witty tweet back.


Also another thing about Doritos on twitter is that they tweeted other brands. There was the Oikos tweet about the Full House reunion and them talking about a past brand of theirs, which i though was clever. Also tweeting Kia after their car commercial and showing the bag colors that went with the key colors in the Kia commercial. Overall I do think Doritos did a good job of using twitter as a platform during the Superbowl. Also the commercials were one of my favorites.





The way Doritos did the Photobomb was creative also. The fact they put the process of how they did it on YouTube is even more interesting to me. 



Just to name some of my favorite commercials would be: Coca-a-cola, The Budwiser called puppy love, and the Doritos.

Last but not least the brand that i though kind of bombed the twitter feeds was JCPenney's . It was an interesting tactic but I don't think it went over real well many people and brands thought they were "drunk tweeting" during the game. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment